LOCATION: DAPOCOS BUILDING
DURATION: FULL TIME
The key purpose of this role is to oversee and provide comprehensive and professional safety management service, in order to ensure that the Company operates in a lawful and ethical manner, abides to the health and Safety legislation, Road Safety legislation, Governance Codes (Combined Code) of practice pertaining to Safety Management (Including ABInBev Safety Policy and Standards) and Corporate Governance. The ultimate objective is the protection of stakeholder interests through the mitigation of all safety risks at the source of loss across the broad spectrum of the ABInBev operations
Key roles and responsibilities
- To ensure compliance with the national/local road traffic legislation as well as health and safety legislation
- To drive the DPO/VPO safety pillar roll out through the effective implementation a ramp up plan; documented procedures and processes that are compliant to the local legislations; Zone and Global Standards and Procedures
- Document Safety requirements into operational procedures and train all stakeholders, including contractors
- Develop Safety One Point Lessons where appropriate and train all stakeholders, including contractors
- Develop and implement processes for the monitoring of adherence to documented safety procedures and OPLs
- Accountable to providing sustainable safety support to the Logistics department for T1 and T2 Transportation operations
- Facilitation on Training on the requirements of DPO/VPO Safety Pillar requirements for the Logistics Management and Operational teams
- Providing support to management for the monitoring and measuring of safety performance using the appropriate DO/VPO Management Tools
- Facilitating the development of strategies for the continuous improvement of the overall safety performance
- The Logistics Department operations run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as well as beyond the perimeter of the site location, as such, the support provided by this role is of such a nature that it entails collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including law and order authorities; contractors; etc.
- Execution of thorough monthly Safety Pillar Self-Assessment against DPO/VPO Safety Pillar requirements
- Facilitation of the development of strategies to close gaps identified, and to monitor the closing of gaps
- Monitoring of effectiveness of strategies implemented to close gaps
- Lead; Advice and Facilitate the implementation of the process of Hazards Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Mitigation/Control and Risk Review by Logistics Management. These processes must extend to operations/activities in trade
- Implement effective processes to ensure that all stakeholders (Employees, Contractors, including Spot Hire Contractors, visitors etc.) are inducted and are fully conversant with the Hazards and Risk the AB-InBev operation exposes them to and the controls thereto
- Periodic Reporting on the Logistics Safety performance to the business (Local and Zone) and planned actions to achieve performance indicators
- Ensure integrity and quality of information
- To monitor and identify those Safety Management aspects as defined in Corporate Governance and Ethics and those serious exposures which need to be reported to the Audit Committee / Board in terms of sound corporate governance are elevated through management as applicable.
- To ensure that reported statistics are accurate and a true reflection of the operation taking into account the disclosure in the Corporate Annual report in triple bottom line results.
- Incident /accident; near miss; hazards; unsafe acts/condition reported in the AB-InBev incident management database, effective root cause analysis conducted, corrective actions allocated and monitored for close out
- Data lends itself for analysis and decision making.
- Support Logistics operations by providing guidance during the risk assessment review sessions
- Maintain a close link with both T1 and T2 operations
- Facilitate, working closely with the Depot Manager, accident and incident investigations and ensure timeous close out;
- Collate and Load other corporate governance reports;
- Ad Hoc support & assistance Logistics ops
- Assist with IR processes as and when they arise.
- Collaboration with Corporate Risk Department in the implementation of processes and procedure in compatible aspects
- Support the risk department’s efforts to curbing down theft and any criminal activities that maybe suspected in your respective site.
- Min. of B.Sc./ B.Tech/HND in a related field – Safety Management
- 3 – 5 years post qualification experience
- NEBOSH International Diploma / Safety Management Diploma/Degree
- Min 3 Years’ experience in Safety Management
AbInBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with AbInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.