LOCATION : ABL GRAPHIC ROAD
DURATION: FULL TIME
DEADLINE: 17th October, 2023
The key purpose of this role is to Provide strategic direction and leadership of the Security Management and associated disciplines (Crises Management, Events Management SME, Investigation Services, Security Management), in alignment with the overall business strategy for the Africa Zone HQ/BU’s implementation of new technologies, developing innovations, and acting as the custodian of security management and its associated standards, governance frameworks and legal compliance. Key leader for the implementation and alignment to local legislation for the associated links to the security.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
- Support protection of the Company and Brands Reputation through providing the support in respect of all identified and unidentified crises that arise during the normal scope of business operations across the country, from other Zones that could impact the Africa Zone. Support crises simulation practices simulated across BU’s/Zone, risk assessment modelling to pre-empt mitigation for predictable events.
- Assess all planned Brand and Company events from a Security & Safety perspective, track all events, conduct post review of the events to drive improvement and learnings with key stakeholders. (Internal & External)
- Investigations provides a comprehensive Internal security audit/investigation in house service to the company.
- Supporting Compliance/Forensics and recommending Control strategies to minimize risks, losses and exposures ensuring that risks are effectively and accordingly mitigated.
- The mandate includes cover for all departments/processes which enables the business to make informed decisions, essential is an understanding and knowledge of the various countries labor/criminal law/justice systems (Criminal Procedure and Law of Evidence).
- Assist in ensuring that the ABInBev Corporate image and insurance fund is protected by ensuring that at corporate arranged events risks are assessed and safe for the public in attendance
- Monitor insurance claims and costs, in liaison with management, with the objective of reducing risks and insurance costs, reducing claims and creating savings, ensure that applicable excess recoveries actually occur.
- Monitor insurance costs and claims and implement recommendations in respect of risk control measures to reduce losses/claims levels and manage down costs
Key attributes and competencies:
- Ability to react and support various crises situations, think out the box, work with multiple variables/events with external as well as internal threats.
- Partner across functions with multiple stakeholders (Internal & External) and provide council and guidance to Senior Leadership as a subject matter expert. (E.g. Violent strikes, Expat evacuation, close suspend major events including Global Brands, inventory losses guide on mitigation and control, travel advisory).
- Ability to manage up and down the structures, balance procurement demands vs. risk mitigation required.
- Loss prevention mitigation
- Recovery of losses through Provident Fund recoveries/Civil action/Excess recoveries/Contractor negligence
- Zero Based Budget(ZBB) management
- Security Supplier Management
- 4 year appropriate tertiary qualification, i.e.
- Bachelor of Technology: Security Management
- Diploma Investigation
- Management Qualification from a recognized Business School
- Minimum 10 years experience in Security Management/ Loss Prevention.
- Band: VII
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 17 October 2023.