LOCATION : ABL GRAPHIC ROAD
DURATION: FULL TIME
The key purpose of this role is to safely operate and maintain defined Packaging equipment (Filling and labelling process areas which have a bigger business impact wrt cost and consumer quality) and related process in order to achieve optimal effectiveness.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
Operating and Process Control
- Operating equipment in Packaging process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools, UPTIME, SICs etc.
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems.
- Review trends to identify & resolve problems
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas.
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader to assist with resolution.
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift.
Quality Control and Analysis
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses, and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions.
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. Making use of the action logs to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute in achieving it.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Where problems occur, use the VPO problem solving tools to resolve and record the issues.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 1 Year technical mechanical/electrical and Utilities experience in a FMCG environment
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing.