Notice is hereby given that the 45th Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Accra Brewery PLC (ABL) will be held virtually and streamed live online on https://www.ablagm.com on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 10:00 AM for the following purposes: Ordinary Business:
- To hold the 45th Annual General Meeting virtually.
- To receive the Report of the Directors, the Financial Statements as at December 31, 2019 and the Report of the Independent Auditors thereon.
- To elect as a Director, Mr. Galo Rivera.
- To approve Directors’ Fees.
- To authorize the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
- To authorize the Company to effect all necessary changes in the Company’s Regulations/Constitution to make it compliant with the new Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992).
- To authorize the amendment of the Company’s Regulations/Constitution to provide for the holding of all meetings, including Annual General Meetings by virtual means where the Directors deem it necessary so to do.
Dated this 30th day of September, 2020 BY ORDER OF THE BOARD Lennap & Company Secretary General:
- In compliance with the Imposition of Restrictions Act, 2020 (Act 1012), the Registrar General’s Department and Securities and Exchange Commission directives and guidelines on holding virtual Annual General Meetings (AGM) and as part of measures to contain COVID-19, attendance and participation by members or their proxies in this year’s AGM of the Company, shall be strictly virtual (by online participation).
- A member is entitled to attend and vote or may appoint a proxy to attend (via online participation) and vote on his or her behalf either online or by post. Such proxy need not be a member of the Company. For a proxy to be valid for the purposes of the meeting, it must be completed and submitted via email to email@example.com or deposited at Universal Merchant Bank, 123 Sethi Plaza, Kojo Thompson Road, Accra, not less than forty-eight (48) hours before commencement of the meeting.
- The appointment of a proxy will not prevent a member from subsequently attending and voting at the meeting (via online participation). Where a member attends the meeting in person (participates online), the proxy appointment shall be deemed to be revoked.
- An electronic version of the Company’s 2019 Audited Financial statement may be assessed at the Company’s dedicated AGM website at https://www.ablagm.com.
- Members are also encouraged to send in any questions in advance of the AGM by mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to the questions will be provided at the AGM.
Accessing and Voting at the Virtual AGM:
- To access and vote at the Virtual AGM, a unique token number will be sent to shareholders by email and/or SMS from 1st October, 2020 to give them access to the meeting. Shareholders who do not receive this token can contact Universal Merchant Bank Limited on email@example.com or call 0302220952 or 0302226112 to be sent the unique token before the date of the AGM.
- To gain access to the Virtual AGM, shareholders must visit https://www.ablagm.com on Thursday, 22nd October, 2020 and input their unique token number on the portal to join in and vote electronically during the meeting. Access to the meeting will start from 9:00 AM.
Further assistance on accessing the meeting and voting electronically can be found on https://www.ablagm.com